Monday, February 20, 2012

Make Your Own Pizza

Print Friendly and PDF
In my case, I make pizza for both of us.  The beauty of this dinner is that it's quick and simple, and they are individual sized pies since we each like ours with different toppings.  This is a great weeknight meal, fun family activity and everyone will love it! 

  1. Tandoori Naan, usually sold in the fresh bread area of the store.
  2. Simple marinara, reduced to pizza sauce thickness
  3. 80/10/10 shredded cheese (mozzarella, provolone, cheddar).
  4. Toppings of your choice.  Mine are: diced onion, diced bell pepper, italian sausage, pepperoni and chopped fresh basil.  My husband likes italian sausage, pepperoni, crushed red pepper and/or fresh sliced jalapeno, chopped fresh basil.
Broil on a preheated cast iron pizza pan.  Takes about 5 minutes, depending on how close to the element you place it.  Right when it comes out of the oven use a microplane to shave parmesan lightly over the top.  Let cool a few minutes so the cheese will set before cutting.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tina!
    I love the new format. The poll is a great way to have your readers interact with you, really seeing who is reading and enjoying your posts. I also really like your new "about me" a lot better-much more down to earth and welcoming.
    And another colorful description of a yummy recipe. I' getting fatter just reading!
    Peace,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comments Renee! I love the feedback... as I get time I keep playing with all the options Blogspot has to offer, and refining what I've written. :)

    ReplyDelete