Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pina Colada Oatmeal

Print Friendly and PDF
In a previous post, I mentioned how I really enjoy oatmeal for breakfast but need to find new ways to keep it interesting.  Costco recently had some good looking pineapples so I thought I'd make a variation of the pina colada.  The result was very good!  Do you have your own themes with oatmeal?  I'd love to hear about them!

1 cup water
1/2 cup milk
dash salt
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
1-2 tablespoons toasted coconut
1-2 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon agave nectar

Bring milk, water and salt to a boil.  Add oatmeal and pineapple, reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency, about 3-5 minutes.  While simmering, toast coconut in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often to prevent burning.  Serve oatmeal topped with coconut, stir in cream and agave nectar.

~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment