Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Completely Costco

Print Friendly and PDF
Costco is one of my favorite places to shop.  My household consists of two people (and two dogs), yet I go every other week.  Thank goodness for the vacuum sealer!  Where else can you get a new mattress, fresh meat, fresh veggies, new tires, and enough toilet paper to last a year?  I love this place! 

Have you seen the movie "Idiocracy"?  That store was miles wide by miles wide.  People in the future get everything from Costco - even a law degree!  I know, it's a totally B-movie, it's not a good movie, but I just love how Costco survives and dominates in the movie's version of the future.  It's good to know I can depend on my favorite store sticking around forever.  :)

When I prepared for tonight's dinner, I didn't have the intention of trying to use every ingredient from Costco.  As I was cooking I realized that literally everything had been purchased at Costco, and it was fantastic!  On the menu tonight was grilled pork loin chops, asparagus and bread.  The pork was seasoned with olive oil and McCormicks new Sweet Basil, Citrus and Garlic rub, and the asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper.  The bread was lightly buttered and then all of it went on the grill.  I finished the bread and asparagus with a light shaving of parmesan.  Oh me oh my!

I was a little intimidated to grill those chops because they are 1.5" to 2" thick.  Being that thick they are easily undercooked, or even overcooked from fear of undercooking.  I'm proud to say they were close to perfect.  I probably could have pulled them off one or two minutes sooner, but they were still juicy and tender!  So, my tips to pass along?  Put oil and rub on, then refrigerate for a few hours; let them sit out while the grill is warming.  Cook those chops low and slow, then let them rest.

~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment