Monday, July 2, 2012

Strawberry Sherbert

Print Friendly and PDF
strawberry sherbert with fresh garden grown berriesI have a 3 x 12 garden bed full of strawberry plants and we plant the runners throughout the yard, so as you can imagine I get a lot of berries!  When they start to soften up and become less desirable for eating, I make sherbert.  I've also  got some great thoughts for sorbet, which I'll share in a later post; I'm still testing some of my ideas.  Until then, here's the recipe for my sherbert.

2 cups strawberries - washed, hulled, halved
1 cup half and half
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon liqueur (strawberry, lemon, or orange) - optional
1/4 - 1/2 sugar

Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor;
Place a strainer over a bowl and pour puree through to remove seeds (this step optional);
Add half/half, milk, lemon juice, liqueur (optional, but I used orange curacao), and sugar - whisk;
Cover, put in fridge for about 2 hours to chill;
Process in an ice cream maker and freeze.

~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment