Sunday, September 9, 2012

Apples and Pancakes

Print Friendly and PDF
freshly harvested applesIt's been a great start to the day this first Sunday of regular season football.  My favorite Packer's fan requested chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, but I didn't have any mini chips, so I made chocolate pancakes instead.  They were rich and delicious. 


1 cup sifted whole wheat pastry flour
2 Tbls sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tbls unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup milk
1 beaten egg
2 Tbls oil

Mix dry ingredients together, make a well.  Mix wet ingredients together, add to dry.  Stir just until combined, let rest about 5 minutes.  Cook on warmed cast iron griddle.  ~ Enjoy ~
 freshly harvested apples fill an 80 quart cooler!

Next we harvested the apple trees and filled an 80 quart cooler!  I'll be spending at least a day canning... There will be lots of homemade apple sauce in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment