Saturday, November 17, 2012

I call her Stella

Print Friendly and PDF
Free-Westinghouse vintage sewing machine
Daryl is so good to me.  He's always been supportive of my hobbies.  When I got into photography, he joined me in taking pictures - even getting into it himself.  I haven't been able to convince him of how much fun sewing is... yet.  He is always on the lookout for cool stuff.  Turns out Daryl and his friend have been trawling Craigslist and thrift shops looking for vintage sewing items and he came across this Free-Westinghouse machine in a cabinet.  She works and is in pretty darn good condition.  The seller thinks she is from the 1940's but there's no way to know for sure.  So, I thought Stella was a good name for that time period.  She even came with what looks like all the feet included originally.
Free-Westinghouse vintage sewing machine accessories

Free-Westinghouse vintage sewing machine and cabinetFree-Westinghouse vintage sewing machine cabinet
 

2 comments:

  1. STELLA!! That is awesome! she is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm quite fond of her... I thought you would appreciate that name. :)

      Delete