Friday, December 7, 2012

Product Review: Gardein Chick'n

Print Friendly and PDF
I am still around!  I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I've been busy in my workshop (a.k.a. sewing room) getting ready for Christmas.  I had a lot of gifts I wanted to make so I haven't been cooking as much.  After Christmas, get ready for a deluge of posts to the blog once people receive their gifts.  :)

In my quest to find foods for meat free lunches, I contacted Gardein letting them know I was interested in trying their product and they sent me a few $1.00 off coupons.  The first product I tried today was their Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick'n. 

Cooking it was easy and quick.  A little olive oil and heat them for about 8 minutes.  Put the sauce pack in hot water then toss with the chick'n the last minute or two of cooking.  I served this with rice.  It tasted great!  I wasn't a huge fan of the texture though.  It was a little bit chewy.  If I'd tossed it with some vegetables - carrot, bell pepper and onion - it may not have been so noticable.  I could even see adding a few slices of mandarin orange with the vegetables.  Maybe I'll buy it again with the intention of trying it with the above additions.  Based on taste alone it could have a permanant spot in the freezer.

If you've tried this product, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment