Sunday, August 5, 2012

Blueberry Lemonade

Print Friendly and PDF
blueberry lemonade with vodkaIt's hot here today ... again.  Ok, just had to get my little whine in.  :)  The blueberry gods have been very good to me this year.  I've pulled about 8 pounds off the plants so far, and there's still plenty more out there.  Every other year I get just enough to eat them all.  This year not only have I put some in the freezer, but I'm looking for ways to use them.  With the weather at 100 degrees, blueberry lemonade sounded very refreshing... and it was!

I used Simply Lemonade because I didn't have enough fresh lemons to make some from scratch.




You will need:
Lemonade, fresh or bottled (but please don't use Minute Maid)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon sugar
Splash of vodka

Puree blueberries in a blender, strain through a mesh strainer to remove skin and seeds into 2 tall glasses.  Fill glass the rest of the way with lemonade and ice (and another splash of vodka if you're so inclined). 

If I had it, I would have garnished with mint (maybe even muddled a little into the cup too)!

~ Enjoy ~

P.S. - I love strawberry lemonade .... but the blueberry version is better.  My husband doesn't eat blueberry anything, and he liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment