Monday, December 31, 2012

"Curiosities" - Baby Charlie Quilt #11

Print Friendly and PDF

Over the summer, I joined a few friends on a girls trip to the Olympic Peninsula.  We stopped at quilt shops and had lunch at Hurricane Ridge.  One of the shops we stopped at had an adorable panel called Curiosities made into a quilt and displayed.  My brother and sister in law were pregnant at the time and they were not finding out the sex.  I bought the panel hoping the little one would be a girl.  The shop owner let me take pictures of it to remind myself what it looked like.  

Lucky for me, they did have a girl!  I set to work right away on this quilt to have it ready in time for Christmas.  This was my first time using free motion quilting to trace.  I was pleased with the results! 

On the original blanket the baby name was done in hand embroidery, but I wanted it to stand out more so I appliqued her name using the border and binding fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment