Monday, December 31, 2012

Hooded Scarves

Print Friendly and PDF
Hooded scarf out of sweatshirt fleece and cotton knit I have two adorable nieces that I don't get to see very often.  Because I have to ship their presents, we usually go with gift cards at Christmas.  I didn't want to do that this year.  My friend Dionne found a great pattern for reversible hooded scarves and I knew that's what I wanted to make them. 

Since I usually quilt, making wearable objects isn't my strength. In order to make sure I could do them well, I did a test one first. For the test one I used sweatshirt fleece and a plaid cotton knit. For the girls, they live in a cold climate, so I used sweatshirt fleece and flannel. The flannel was available in more colors and prints than the plaid. I think I found materials that suit their likes. The knit was actually easier to work with than the flannel because it didn't stretch as much.
Hooded scarf out of sweatshirt fleece and flannel
Hooded scarf out of sweatshirt fleece and flannelThe pattern called for a ruffle along the edge of the hood, and I did that on my test one, but found that I didn't really like it.  This is one of the reasons I make a test product before doing the real thing, especially when it's for someone else.  For the girls' scarves I did an accent strip and topstitch and was much happier with the way it looked.



No comments:

Post a Comment