Friday, August 23, 2013

Continuous Binding

Print Friendly and PDF
One of the things that really bug me with traditional binding (making a pocket for the ends) is that it's bulky where the ends meet up, and the binding strip is a little loose inside the pocket.  Every time I look at a project I can always easily spot the start/end of the binding.  A few months ago, I saw a tutorial for continuous binding (no pocket method) and wanted to try it.

I just finished a blanket (pictures coming soon) so I figured this would be a good time to go for broke.  I had been dragging my feet on doing the binding because I was a little nervous about messing this up.... but, to my surprise - it's EASY!!  It worked perfectly!!  I'm so excited and I don't think I'll ever go back to the pocket method again!

I can't find the video I originally saw/used, but this tutorial is really good and will get you started on continuous binding as well!

~ Enjoy ~

p.s. - those little tree quilts are ADORABLE!  I want to make some.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment