Monday, May 14, 2012

Camping Meal: Chicken & Asparagus

Print Friendly and PDF
Camping season is approaching and often we eat better than when we're at home!  The main reason is that I carefully plan our meals and prep the food before we leave.  This past weekend I brought skinless, boneless chicken breast and aspargus.  Before we left, I prepared both sides of the chicken with a little bit of light olive oil, and a modest to heavy dose of Kirkland Signature Organic No Salt Seasoning.  To that I added a bit of sea salt, some crushed red pepper and a pinch of turbinado sugar (which is basically coarse ground raw sugar).  I put it into a ziploc and packed it for the trip.  I did this on a Wednesday and cooked it Friday, so the flavors had plenty of time to develop and 'get into' the meat. 

For the asparagus, I cleaned it, drizzled it with a little olive oil, and a small amount of sea salt and pepper.  I grilled it for about 5-6 minutes and it was perfectly cooked.  Oh my, what a fabulous meal ...

Delicious food can be had on the road.  A part of camping that I look forward to is finding more great meals I can whip up in an outdoor kitchen.  :) 

Are you a camp cook?  I'd love to hear your meal ideas! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment