Friday, September 28, 2012

Crooked Stitch - A drink

Print Friendly and PDF
A little over five years ago we moved from Arizona to Washington State.  Before we left, we gave all of the hard liquor to friends and neighbors.  We didn't want to mess with packing and moving the open bottles.  We don't drink a lot, so going without for awhile was no big deal.  Our plan was just to restock at Costco after we got settled in.

For 6 months I wandered the aisles of Costco looking for liquor thinking I was missing it somehow.  Then I learned that liquor was only sold at state run stores -- at more than double the price we could buy it for in Arizona!!!  Needless to say, we didn't restock. 

My mom heard about this, and on one of her visits a few years ago, packed an entire suitcase full of liquor.  A friend of ours also came out for the visit, and we decided to experiment with all these bottles.  We came up with something pretty tasty, but never named it.  I made one of these yummy tropical drinks tonight and my husband came up with a cool name ... the Crooked Stitch.  If I have too many of these tasties, I will most certainly have crooked stitches!

In a shaker combine:
6 oz. pineapple juice
2 oz. coconut rum
2 oz. banana liqueur
1 oz. light rum
2 oz. cream or half and half

Pour over ice and...

~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment