I know it's only been, what, a week since my pillowcase post, but I have an update. First of all - I realized I did my french seam wrong. I watched the tutorial, but not all the way to the end. I saw her put the fabric right sides together ... and those of you that have made french seams probably already know what I did wrong. The exterior of the case had a 5/8" wide strip that should have been on the inside of the pillowcase! So, to anyone doing a french seam for the first time, start with wrong sides together, sew a 1/4" seam, turn inside out so right sides are together, press and then stitch a 1/2" - 5/8" seam. Turn inside out again and you will have hidden seams.
I made another pillowcase out of some scrap fabric, and because of that first failed french seam, I just overcasted the seam on this one. It worked so well, I took out the french seam on the first and did an overcasting stitch on the first pillowcase.