Monday, October 8, 2012

Brie and Apple Grilled Cheese

Print Friendly and PDF
Grilled cheese with Brie and Apple Slices

I've been on a kick of making fresh bread recently, it's all because of this Crusty Bread recipe I stumbled upon a few weeks ago while perusing Pinterest.  It is the best bread, it's so easy and it makes - hands down - the most wonderful grilled cheese sandwiches.  I've also been on a grilled cheese kick lately too.  Daryl's favorite is colby jack and pepper jack cheese.  I really like it with havarti, but over the weekend (during a 'sew' fun sewing Sunday with my friend Dionne) I wanted to mix it up a little.

Saturday afternoon I made up the dough mix adding in some fresh thyme.  Sunday morning I baked the bread so it would be ready for lunch.  When it came time to make the sandwiches, I layered Brie with apple slices.  Holy grilled cheese, this was so darn good.  When this bread is grilled it gets crispy, fluffy and soft all at once.  Hard to truly describe the wonderful texture.  It was lightly flavored with thyme, then you reach that creamy, melty Brie and get a nice surprise from a crisp/tender, tart/sweet apple slice.  Heaven!  Today I made another one of these for lunch.  I savored every delectable bite!

~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment