Monday, October 8, 2012

Review of Patak's Curry Sauce

Print Friendly and PDF
Normally I go to Costco by myself after work.  This past weekend, Daryl was almost out of chocolate milk so he suggested we go together.  It's a good thing I brought him along!  Strolling the aisles, he spotted a three pack of curry sauces and wanted to give them a try.  The ingredients panel didn't have anything I couldn't pronounce, just regular food ingredients, so we put it in the cart.  This sent my husband back to a time he had wonderful curry...

He was in Santa Monica for work many years ago with another guy that's British, and in their free time they headed out to the Santa Monica pier.  He found a place called Ye Olde King's Head Pub and stopped in for refreshments.  It was here he had the best curry of his life!  He still talks about it 1-2 times per year. 

Tonight for dinner I cooked up some chicken breast chunks with fresh carrot and zucchini from the garden, then added the Tikki Masala sauce (simmered), and served over Basmati Rice.  The result: it was really good.  It wasn't spicy, but by the end of the meal there was a nice warming on my lips and tongue.  I like having some spice but still being able to taste the food.  I hate when something gets so spicy you lose the flavors. 

Daryl said it similar to the great curry he had at the King's Head and wants me to buy more.  This is a highly recommended product.

~ Enjoy ~

1 comment:

  1. Hi...thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the waiting room transformation post. I wanted to let you know your blog comments are set to "No Reply", which means there isn't an email address attached to your blog account with no way for anyone to reply. If you ever want to change that, there is a tutorial on my right side bar labeled "Are you a no reply".
    Thanks again for commenting on my blog and have a great day,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete