Tonight's dinner is a slight modification of Giada De Laurentiis's recipe. The main differences are the chicken and omission of swiss chard. Daryl wouldn't like it with the 'green stuff' in there. Here's a list of the changes I made:
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled off rather than ground chicken (still let chicken/seasonings cook/warm a few minutes before adding the liquid ingredients);
- Instead of oregano I used Italian seasoning;
- No swiss chard;
- Instead of adding beans with all the other ingredients, waited a half hour so they wouldn't break down as much;
- Added 1/4 cup heavy cream at the same time I added the beans;
- Covered half way through so it wouldn't thicken/reduce too much;
- Omitted parsley (only because I didn't have any - that 'green stuff' would have been ok).
~ Enjoy ~
p.s. to see more about the table runner peeking out in this picture, click here.