Monday, November 5, 2012

Roasted Vegetable Meatloaf w/Balsamic Glaze

Print Friendly and PDF
When I met Daryl, he wouldn't eat meatloaf.  I love meatloaf, but I went without.  I didn't want to make a whole loaf just for me!  We used to get Schwan's food delivery, and one of their frozen products was individual meatloaf portions.  It wasn't the same.  I would get Lean Cuisine meatloaf meals, but again - just not the same as pulling one out of the oven.  We watch Bobby Flay's "Throwdown" show and one of the challenges a few years ago was meatloaf.  Bobby's version looked so good, even Daryl commented on it.  I immediately went out to find the recipe.  Success!  He likes it!!

Tonight my house smells like comfort food.  I made the Bobby Flay Roasted Vegetable Meatloaf w/Balsamic Glaze recipe and paired it with mashed sweet potatoes and corn.  I boiled one potato, chopped, in salted water until soft - about 15 minutes.  I warmed 1/4 cup half and half, and put 1.5 Tbls butter in the mixer bowl.  Using the paddle I mixed the butter and potato until it started to mash, then added the half and half.  After that I added a teaspoon sugar, salt and pepper to taste, and some fresh ground nutmeg.  Mix it in and serve.

The only way I've changed Bobby's recipe is that I use whatever vegetables I have.  I try to make sure it's about the same amount.  Typically what I have on hand is carrot, onion, garlic and red bell pepper. 

~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment